Nov 25th, 2021
Dear Parents & Caregivers,
Thank you to those who made it to our first School Council meeting, if you weren’t able to attend, you can find the notes below. We tried something a little different at our first meeting with virtual brainstorming which resulted in lots of great ideas! With those great ideas, we have put together a tentative event calendar which we will discuss in further detail at our next council meeting.
I am excited to introduce class parents! What’s a class parent you ask? Class parents will play the role of being a connection point between their class and School Council by sharing any important information from School Council meetings and to funnel any ideas or concerns from their respective classes. A few classes still need class parents, see the list below and let me know if you want to get involved!
Our next School Council meeting is scheduled for Nov 30th from 7pm-8:10pm (agenda below). In this meeting, you’ll get to meet our interim Principal, Jennifer Hall. If you would like to add anything to the agenda, please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, Nov 29th.
Meeting ID: 967 2244 6008
Wondering what else the School is working on?
- We submitted an application for a PRO grant to have an Art Night with an Indigenous artist (finger crossed)
- We are working on a teacher appreciation event for December!
- Spiritwear is coming soon for students!
- We are starting discussions on a Playground refresh (this is a big one!)
- Safety discussions with local police to address student crosswalk safety around the school
Want to get involved? Reach out to me at email@example.com. Stay up to date by visiting the School Council page where we’ll be updating with the latest news.
Ronit Soroksky, Council Chair
Files mentioned above: