Welcome to the School Council page! Visit this page to stay up to date on all School Council meetings, news, events, and more! If you want to learn more about what the School Council is all about… scroll down.
Updated: Nov 21st 2022
- The auction is open! Get your bids in between now and Nov 30th at 9pm. Link to Auction.
- Meeting notes from our Oct School Council meeting are located below. The next meeting is Nov 29th!
- Get in touch if you are seeking ways to get involved. We especially need more gender and ethnic diversity in those attending the meetings and volunteering, if that is you, please consider getting involved. Reach out to email@example.com
- Lunch Lady orders are due every Thursday for Monday’s lunch
- Next Pizza Day is Nov 25th
With every purchase of Mabel’s Labels, you can earn money back for our school. Find our school name on their website before you start shopping. Use code WILCOX10 to get 10% off your purchase!
Frequently Asked Questions About School Council:
What is the goal of School Council?
- Our goal with the School Council is to offer parents/caregivers a variety of ways to share their voices, knowledge, and expertise
- Recognize that relationship building is key to breaking down walls and barriers
- Strive to identify and eliminate barriers to participation for parents/caregivers
- Disrupt practices that contribute to oppression based on race, class, nationality, abilities, gender, education, or language
What do you discuss at School Council Meetings?
- We hear from the teachers and our principal on what is top of mind for them. We then discuss activities we think the kids could benefit from – everything from reading groups to after school activities to speakers we think we should bring in!
What kind of a time commitment is council?
- We meet on the last Tuesday of every month from 7:00 – 8:30 pm virtually. If you want to be a voting member, you must attend all meetings. If you are on council, you can expect about 3 hours a month of work. This can include meeting other council members and principal to drive initiatives forward, reaching out to the community to secure resources/speakers for the school, and attending the meetings,
- Our council meetings are open to all parents, guardians, and community members. They happen on the last Tuesday of every month school is in session.
- Would you like to add something to the agenda? Have questions or ideas? Email your School Council 2021/2022 Chair Ronit.firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I have to vote if I’m on council?
- If you want to vote, you MUST nominate yourself as a voting member and ATTEND all school council meetings
- Alternatively, you can be part of council and be a listener and observer
- Every member of the parent/caregiver community is able to be part of the council!