Welcome to the School Council page! Visit this page to stay up to date on all School Council meetings, news, events, and more! If you want to learn more about what the School Council is all about… scroll down.
Updated: Sept 19th 2022
2022/2023 School Council
We will not need a voting meeting on Sept 20 after the curriculum meeting, as the following people have been appointed. Meet your 2022/2023 School Council!
Ronit Soroksky – Chair
Rosanne Brown & Maria Tsafaras – Co-Treasurers
Still Available – Secretary Position
Get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to get involved as a secretary, class parent or another role.
Lunchtime and After-School Programs
Find all the details in the document below regarding lunchtime and after-school programs. These programs are being organized by the School Council. Please note there are some subsidies available for the programs. Program registration is first come first serve so don’t delay! Separately, there are also language classes available on Tuesdays are being organized by the TDSB. Please read the document attached below before signing up here.
Pizza Day on Thursday, Sept 29th
Pizza days are back! Order your pizza lunch via cash online. Visit School Cash Online to set up your account if you haven’t already. Orders are due by Sunday, Sept 25th, 8pm. We will not be accepting orders past this time. Sorry! As always, the School Council is committed to ensuring all students can participate in pizza days, if you need financial assistance, do not hesitate to reach out to Ms.Cape. All requests are kept confidential. The pizza days schedule will be shared for the whole year at a later time. Parents wishing to volunteer on Pizza Days can email Ginette at email@example.com.
If you shop online, then you can use FLIPGIVE to earn a % of your purchases that goes directly to our school at no cost to you! To date, we have earned over $1500. Join our FLIPGIVE team today! Use CODE 45DBLW to join our team.
With every purchase of Mabel’s Labels, you can earn money back for our school. Find our school name on their website before you start shopping. Use code WILCOX10 to get 10% off your purchase!
Frequently Asked Questions About School Council:
What is the goal of School Council?
- Our goal with the School Council is to offer parents/caregivers a variety of ways to share their voices, knowledge, and expertise
- Recognize that relationship building is key to breaking down walls and barriers
- Strive to identify and eliminate barriers to participation for parents/caregivers
- Disrupt practices that contribute to oppression based on race, class, nationality, abilities, gender, education, or language
What do you discuss at School Council Meetings?
- We hear from the teachers and our principal on what is top of mind for them. We then discuss activities we think the kids could benefit from – everything from reading groups to after school activities to speakers we think we should bring in!
What kind of a time commitment is council?
- We meet on the last Tuesday of every month from 7:00 – 8:30 pm virtually. If you want to be a voting member, you must attend all meetings. If you are on council, you can expect about 3 hours a month of work. This can include meeting other council members and principal to drive initiatives forward, reaching out to the community to secure resources/speakers for the school, and attending the meetings,
- Our council meetings are open to all parents, guardians, and community members. They happen on the last Tuesday of every month school is in session.
- Would you like to add something to the agenda? Have questions or ideas? Email your School Council 2021/2022 Chair Ronit.firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I have to vote if I’m on council?
- If you want to vote, you MUST nominate yourself as a voting member and ATTEND all school council meetings
- Alternatively, you can be part of council and be a listener and observer
- Every member of the parent/caregiver community is able to be part of the council!